Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back to Beer-sics

Olympia, WA - Although it is easy to describe my recent posting pace as sluggish, my beer-specific reports have been downright glacial. I don't know if it is because I have been drinking less (nahhh) or if I just haven't experienced many new beers lately, but this horrible drought ends tonight.

I'm reporting live from the Fishbowl in Olympia tonight, two cask Hodgson's in, and probably no more to go. This is the first time I've seen Hodgson's on cask in ages, so I figured I would partake for two days straight. The Hodgon's translates pretty well to cask, though it does sit on the bitter side of the fence without the floral base to really make it a cask winner. Still, as any good cask, it goes down like water, only more magical.

Also wanted to give a shout out to the spruce and juniper infused Winterfish they had pouring this week. Neither flavor was enough to overpower the beer, instead they mixed in a way that almost made it seem like every other sip was earthy, alternating with a delightful gin overtone. Liked it so much I bought a growler. Three cheers!

No comments: